Image result for ELECTROCUTED PIC

Tragedy struck in Owanta Alosimi area of Ika North East Local Government Area as 15 years old Vivian Monye was electrocuted while assisting her father in cleanup exercise after the flood that wrecked havoc in their rented apartment. 

According to the father of the deceased, Mr Moses Monye, the late Vivian was assisting him alongside the twin brother to bail out water that took over their apartment after the heavy downpour when suddenly the Benin Electricity Development Company [BEDC] restored power to the area. 

He said that the spark that resulted caused panic and while they ran out the daughter got stuck and before they could give any assistance she had given up the ghost. 

Vivian who was a student of the community secondary school, the father noted, was the only daughter and had been coping in their upbringing since he lost the wife five years ago. 

Meanwhile the State Commissioner for Special Duties, Mr Ernest Ogwezzy, while on condolence to the family, expressed the state government heart-felt sympathy with the family. 

Mr Ogwezzy urged the family to look up to God, saying the state government was working round the clock to address the challenges faced by the people. 

He said that state government had earlier made provisions for those affected by the rampaging flood caused by the heavy downpour, adding that state government had stepped up measures towards assisting them and appealed for their understanding.

No comments